Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Guest Room

The guest room needed a total revamp, these are pics from the house schedule when we bought the house eek

 Plenty of space just not to our taste, so out with the old............



I wallpapered the feature wall. I had stashed a couple of rolls in my container before if came across the pond. Its from the Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen collection, back in the UK he is on all the DIY shows.  He is noted for his flamboyant personality and dandyish appearance haha and his designs of course. We chose two shades of teal and painted the rest of the walls.
  Our furniture for this room was old so we decided to paint it and see how it turned out. The bedside cabinets were laminate so I was a little doubtful it would work.
I purchased  some of Annie Sloans chalk paint from my local stockist http://www.robynstorydesigns.com and set to work.




I didnt use a primer so I was thrilled with the results.


I took off the rest of the hardware and painted away, they covered great I did a light sanding in between two coats.
I also painted part of the bed and an old dressing table. I found some new hardware I liked for the three sets and they look like new. I finished with a couple of coats of polyurethane to protect them.



The bedposts were painted and I picked up some new finials that were lost in the move. Things were starting to come together and I was liking the new look.

Unfortunately the ceiling fan is a must and it was brass until I re sprayed it oil rubbed bronze to match my new hardware. I also added a little natural jute twine to the shade to give it a little modern twist.



I also added some new lamps, new bedding and finished with some painted letters which I picked up from Joanns for above the bed.



Hope you like it as much as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment