Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Little Frenchys first taste of my own Chalk paint.

I couldnt wait to start on my newest find
It was an old end table or nightstand, not sure which, all battered and looking for a new home....mine !!
 
 
I removed the hardware and left it over night to soak in white vinegar, it was badly tarnished but turned out to be a lovely copper color in the morning.
 
 
 
 
 
I had been reading how everyone was making their own version of chalk paint and decided to give it a go.
I used the recipe of 1 cup of paint with 1/4 cup of baking soda.
 
The results were fab, I carefully sanded down the table and set to paint.
The paint wasnt unlike another chalk paint I have used in the past.
 After painting and patiently waiting for it to dry....this is what always takes the longest...
 I used a fine grade sandpaper to buff and distress the table. The tabletop was a little too damaged to leave as it was so after deliberation of what to do I decided to get a custom piece of mirror to fit.
 
 
Here is the result.
 
 
 
Hope you like it....
 


No comments:

Post a Comment